Monday, February 03, 2020

Coming Up Celebration



During the last days, Suede, my favourite band of all time, were teasing something related with their third album Coming Up (which is my favourite album of all time!).
Coming Up was released in 1996, the first album after the departure of Bernard Butler and the first album featuring Richard Oakes and Neil Codling. The album was a commercial and critical success. No one was expecting it, but the creative force of Suede was proven to be Brett Anderson, and it was a huge statement that the band would be OK without their original guitarists. Coming Up contains 10 fast and catchy songs, natural hits. and even their numerous b-sides are excellent.

Without any particular calendar reason, the band decided to celebrate this LP by going on a short European tour. The band will play the album in full, and possibly will play tons of b-sides and rarities. They will play in England, Germany, France, Scotland, Denmark and Sweden.

Some time ago I said that I could not live without watching "Europe Is Our Playground" live and I think this might be my best opportunity. So, I can't wait to to buy the tickets to Alexandra Palace and fly to London in October. It is a perfect opportunity to listen to some old, rarely played b-sides like Sound Of The Streets, This Time, Sadie or Young Man.

Can't wait!

No comments: