Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Terrible 1975


I know I'm not the most impartial reviewer. Most of the music that I buy or review, I, usually write very good things about it. That's one of the reasons why I don't give a punctuation to them, it would have too many 10/10 or 5/5.
So, to prove that I don't like everything today, I'm writing about a band that I can't stand. The 1975.

I never listened much to the 1975. I thought it was something that I had to do. It was appearing in many of my "recommended to you" Spotify playlists and I saw that the band won a lot of awards and nominations for alternative, pop / rock and indie music. 
Then, lately, I gave it a try and I was surprise how terrible the band actually are. Well, they were always on the front page of NME, they won the Brit Awards in 2017, they won best album for Q a couple of years ago.
How? How did they win that, and how is the press so surrendered to them?
Their music is awful, it's like pop music for kids, stuff like Justin Bieber or One Direction. 
More surprisingly, how can good press place them somewhere in Indie British music? There are so good artists lately, why are the focus all over them? How can they performed in Glastonbury more than one time?
 
Well, I know everyone has their own taste and everyone is free to like (or dislike) music but, in my opinion, The 1975 are just a successful band made by producers, managers and influences. They should never be tagged as indie or pop rock act. 

No comments: