Monday, January 21, 2019

Porto Primavera Sound 2019


Primavera Sound is the festival which I most look up to.
First, it is (or was) my style of music. It is a modern city festival (without camping). The vibe is beautiful, people are beautiful, there is a sense of freedom and peace in the air. Wonderful. And it is in my beloved city, Porto.
During the last years, we had great great performances. Last year although, I was a bit disappointed. Nick Cave and The War On Drugs were great, the rest was OK. The lineup was poor.

Last week, the artists were revealed and disappointment again.
There aren't any big big number besides Interpol. Most of them are unknown to me and they even have some kind of reaggaeton day. What the fuck! Seriously...

The festival got so big that the promoters don't really care about the music. It will sold out anyway, their pockets will be full. 

This year we will be able to see not only Interpol but also Courtney Barnett, Jarvis Cocker and James Blake. The rest is bad or unknown. So many great indie bands around that could be hired and this is all we get...

The Barcelona festival, not only has all of the good names that are coming to Porto but also they got Suede, Mac DeMarco, Primal Scream, Kurt Ville and Christine & The Queens.

So, basically, this year, Porto is a cheap version of the Barcelona festival.
I know Portugal is a small country, and Porto is a small city but, c'mon, there was something special about Primavera here. Now, people will attend to the festival because Porto is a nice place, with a nice beach and with a better prize. They will come here because of the location and not because of the music itself. It's a pity. 

I didn't buy my ticket yet, and not sure if I will.        

No comments: