Tuesday, January 10, 2017

1 Year Since The Death Of Bowie



I remember very well the 11th of January of 2016. Bowie died in the 10th, but it was announced, via his official socials networks on the following day.

I woke up on a monday morning to work, and I was feeling a little bit tired, depressed, after a weekend of partying and drinks. Anyway, It was something like 7 a. m. in the morning when I turned on Facebook while I was having breakfast. Suddenly I say someone posting a Bowie song as a tribute and I immediately went to check on reliable websites if it was true or not. Unfortunately it was and, as every fan of David Bowie, I was deeply shocked. I didn't have bought his new Blackstar album but I was already familiar with the theme song and Lazarus. After the shock I also paid a emotionally tribute to him on my Facebook page and I posted "Heroes", a song that has a gigantic meaning for me, as it was the soundtrack to one of the most beautiful times of my life.

After, I went to work, and on the streets of Porto someone guy was playing "Heroes" on the street. An old couple was standing, almost crying, listening to the guy with their hands together. I also stopped and listened. It was a very emotional moment. As I got to work the construction site, one of the bricklayers, asked me if I heard the news. Bowie was universal.

The rest of the day was quite normal sad day. During the night, I just turned the TV on to see all the news related to him and ended up listening to a lot of Bowie's songs. Probably, the ones that I played more were Lazarus, Blackstar, Where Are We Now, Heroes, Life On Mars and Heathen,

Actually, when David died, it was the first time in my life that I really felt emotionally sad with the death of someone that I actually didn't know.

No comments: