Monday, January 11, 2016

David Bowie Passed Away

This is the saddest day for music ever.
The legendary David Bowie died at 69, following a 18-month fight with cancer.
This is so sad, so sad, actually I never felt this sad by the death of someone that I actually don't know.
I can say without any doubt that, Bowie is the most influential artist of all time. No one can ever be compared with him, he was high above anyone else, since he was young until the day of his dead.

Bowie released in last album "Blackstar" last friday and, magically, he released also a farewell song, Lazarus, that is a statement about his own death. What a vision.

Listening to Lazarus now is a strange experience... Really sad one, but also amazing one.

Almost all of my favourite artists sent some words about him.

Personally, some of his songs really mean a lot to me. If I would choose two songs, I can say that "Heroes" was some kind of a Shield song for a very special relationship I had and "Where Are We Now?" was the most uplifting experience I had. I was travelling to Slovakia on the next day that it was released, I bought The Times, that had a big article about him and I was in London airport for hours, listening to the song on repeat.

David Bowie, you will be forever with us.

No comments: