Monday, November 02, 2015

Cat Empire Live At Hard Club


Last Friday I went to see The Cat Empire live at Hard Club in Porto.
The Hard Club is some kind of a small alternative place where you can find at the same time great concerts as well as "all night long" parties. So, it was the perfect place to see a band like the Australian one.
The atmosphere was great, it wasn't full but it was with enough people.
And the band really made a connection with the crowd (as they always do). They played all their famous songs, some of the new album and gave a lot of outstanding improvisation moments. Really, the time when the 3 wind instruments were competing was just just just incredible.
Best moments for me were How To Explain, Brighter Than Gold, Still Young, The Chariot and obviously, the mythical Wine Song. I made a fault, and went to see the setlist of their last concerts, which didn't include The Wine Song, so, I really wasn't expecting it, which was even greater when they played it.
The concert was long, intense and incredible enjoyable, you could stay the 2 hours just dancing and dancing. They do really look (and probably are) a bunch of really nice and happy guys that are enjoying each moment as we are.
I just bought the ticket on the same afternoon of the concert, and I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't go. Won't miss them next time and it's one of those concert that, even if you don't know the band very well, you'll enjoy it to death! If you doubt my words go and check a live performance of them on YouTube!

No comments: