Sunday, September 27, 2015

Suede To Release Their Best Yet?


Suede are going to release their brand new album "Night Thoughts" on the 22 of January.
The album will be accompanied by a full film directed by Roger Sargent.
As we can see, it will be an innovative release, something that Suede have never done in the past.
The first single Outsiders is already available on iTunes and can be listen on YouTube.

Until now, I listened, and re-listened to 6 songs: Outsiders (studio version), I Don't Know How To Reach You, Can't Giver Her What She Wants, Tightrope, What I'm Trying To Tell You and Pale Snow (all of them live)

These songs are creating in me, very high expectations, so high that I'm starting to think that Suede can be in the process of releasing their best album so far!
My favourite album is Coming Up, and then we have the "fans-favourite" Dog Man Star but, I think that, for what we saw, Night Thoughts has the potential to overcome them.
Bloodsports was a perfect come back, but as Brett Anderson said, it was a little bit squeezed into 10 three-minute songs, not giving them the space to explore deeper the songs. This space may have emerged now.

The single, Outsiders, is brilliant, the chorus is so beautiful, reminds me of glorious Coming Up days, we have a solo, a instrumental outro, Brett's voice is ageing very well and his falsetto sounds like it was 20 years ago.
What's I'm Trying To Tell You is in the same style as Outsiders, great fast rock track, with an amazing guitar riff during the verses.
Pale Snow is very introspective, Can't Giver Her What She Wants is very dramatic (which is great) and Tightrope sounds brilliant, although I'm expecting a much more complex and full studio version in contrast with the acoustic performances that it had live.

And then, the main song that is creating in me this feeling is I Don't Know How To Reach You. I was lucky enough to be part of the audience when it was first played.
The performance of it during the Glastonbury Festival is enormous. The lyrics are beautiful, the guitar riff after the chorus is magical, the melody is dramatic and emotional and there's an ending coda on the end of the song with powerful guitars and screams. And I'm hoping that the studio version will be even better.

I can't wait for the release of the album, until then, I'll listen this tracks and wait for the concert on London's Roundhouse in November which I'll be attending!

No comments: