Monday, May 26, 2014

It's a Classic!

Sometimes, not very often, when you heard for the first time a song you have that feeling "Damn, this song is an instant classic!". I can't remember when it was the last time it happened to me, probably one and half years ago when I heard "Where Are We Now?" from David Bowie (unfortunately, I didn't feel it with "Barriers" from Suede, although I consider it a classic now).
Well, it happened again last week, this time with Morrissey's new single "Would Peace Is None Of Your Business".
This is completely a traditional Moz song. The political lyrics, the slow way of pronouncing the words, the melancholic guitar lines, the irony, everything. Instant Classic! The interlude "Each time you vote, you support the process", is genial, so brutal. Incredible really.
Can't wait to listen to the rest of the album.

No comments: