Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Devil You Know

The Devil You Know is a song by Strangelove. One of the last songs that they ever released it was a b-side from the great single "Freak" that came out in 1997 to support their last album "Strangelove".
I just want to show you this beautiful and simple piece of art that the band bring to us. I think that this period is maybe the worst from the band, more poppy then before, but this song represents very well the poetry of Patrick Duff. Lines like "... and it's all to real to touch..." or "... the devil you know is the only one who's left on the drunken town..." are amazing and talking about someone trying to put a way in his life after a negative era of possession and consume. This is just what I think that the song is about but, obviously, just the singer can tell what the true meaning of the song.
Take a listen to it here please:

1 comment:

lEIGh5 said...

Hi Miguel

My name's Leigh. I just discovered your blog tonight and I am so blown away with it!! I simply love your taste in music. It is so rare to see bands like Strangelove being discussed and I am already compiling a list of albums to check out based on what you have suggested. Anyway I am an interviewer and I have my own blog with all the artists I have interviewed on it if you wanna check it out. Some of them I think you will be interested in. I am actually going to try and and score and interview with Brett Anderson about the new Suede album when he starts doing press again (wish me luck!). Anyway, nice work with the blog! LOVE it!